Here are some nutrition links to help you eat right and keep off those pounds!
ChooseMyPlate.gov provides practical information to individuals, health professionals, nutrition educators, and the food industry to help consumers build healthier diets with resources and tools for dietary assessment, nutrition education, and other user-friendly nutrition information.
Our FitCamp features elements of a HIIT (high intensity interval training) program.
Class Rates for FitCamp
$140.00 6 weeks
FitCamp Coming Soon
What is Wellness?
- A choice-a decision you make to move toward optimal health.
- A way of life-a lifestyle change you design to achieve your
- highest potential for well-being.
- A process-a developing awareness that there is no endpoint, but that health and happiness are possible in each moment, here and now.
- A balanced channeling of energy-energy received from the environment, transformed within you, and returned to affect the world around you.
- The integration of body, mind, and spirit-the appreciation that everything you do, think, feel, and believe has an impact on your state of health.
- The loving acceptance of yourself.
Your body composition can be improved dramatically through a program of proper exercise and dietary intake. Body composition is best improved by a combination of the following;
- Daily 30 to 60 minutes of low-to-moderate aerobic exercise;
- Reduce caloric intake by 100 calories per meal;
- Strength training two to three times weekly; and
- Slow weight loss 1-2lbs per week.
- There is strong evidence that regular physical activity can lower the risk of high blood pressure, cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, stroke, metabolic syndrome, and colon and breast cancer.
Source: The Aerobics and Fitness Association of America. (2011). Fitness: Theory and Practice (5th ed.).
Sherman Oaks, CA: Gladwin, Laura A.